I am so honored to be nominated by Rachel from her blog at https://naturalgroovegal.wordpress.com/ for the Liebster Award! Her blog has a wealth of resources on leading a natural life, please check it out!
As part of receiving of this award, I answered the 10 questions Rachel asked me. Here are my responses:
1) Do you like to cook? Why or why not?
Yes, I love to cook! I love cooking because it’s fun to try new recipes and I get to be sure that everything I make is vegetarian.
2) What is your favourite childhood memory?
Growing up I loved playing outside–running through the sprinkles, making mud pies and eating oranges off our tree are my favorite childhood memories.
3) Where have you traveled and where would you recommend?
I spent a semester abroad in Costa Rica and highly recommend it–everyone is so friendly, the fruits are deliciously sweet and the country’s cloud forests, beaches and volcanoes are stunning.
4) If you were free as a bird and money was no object, what would you be doing right now?
Traveling around the world because there is so much I want to see still. Volunteering with an environmental advocacy organization.
5) What do you and your friends do for fun?
Check out a new happy hour spot, or spend time outdoors. Last weekend we hiked the Billy Goat Trail along the Potomac River.
6) What television show are you most addicted to right now and why?
Girls is my guilty pleasure 🙂
7) What song(s) energize you when you need a lift?
Anything by Katy Perry
8) What is one of the best restaurants you’ve been to? Describe in detail including exact location.
Hmm it’s so hard to pick! There are so many great ones that come to mind in the D.C. area. I love Woodland’s because it’s all vegan/vegetarian and I don’t have to worry about not being able to eat anything they serve.
9) Do you have pets? Any pets you’d like to have?
No but I’d love one! I’ve never had a pet but I think I’m more suited towards a cat.
10) Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?
Absolutely. I really believe the universe works in mysterious ways. One should always treat all living beings with love and kindness–the way we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Here are 10 facts about myself:
1. My favorite colors are a tie between green and purple
2. I don’t like eggplant or mushrooms
3. I love swimming
4. Arts and crafts are my favorite hobby. I especially love making cards and bracelets
5. Experiencing new cultures has been my best learning experience and I hope to go abroad again soon
6. I’m an auntie to some sweet nephews and nieces
7. I can’t whistle
8. I can do a taco tongue
9. My flute is my most prized possession
10. I love blogging and am so thankful for my readership. You are the reason I write!
Lastly, upon receiving this award, I am to choose 10 bloggers with less than 400 followers to whom I’d like to pass on the award. I chose the bloggers below who each have great writing and looked to me as though they had less than 400 followers:
And here are my 10 questions for you to answer:
1. What’s your best dish you can make?
2. Where’s a place you’d like to visit someday?
3. Who’s your favorite fiction character?
4. Vanilla or chocolate?
5. If money were no object, what would you be doing right now?
6. What is your favorite childhood memory?
7. Do you prefer the autumn or spring? Why?
8. What is your spirit animal?
9. Favorite outdoor activity?
10. What do you think is the greatest challenge the next generation will face?
My rules for the nominated bloggers are:
– Nominate 10 blogs with under 400 followers, then notify the bloggers via their Blogs, Facebook or other social media stating that they have been nominated.
– Accept the Award.
– Answer my 10 questions on your blog.
– Share 10 facts about yourself to your followers and readers on your blog.
– Make your own rules for your 10 nominated bloggers, or use my rules on them.
Thank you again, Rachel!